Search the forum,

Discuss view from "the office" today in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dougs Third Go

10665050_10203411630104524_7968686575675361113_n.jpg

nice to get paid for walking your own dog ;)

D

Dougs Third Go

at Barbon Geoff, near Kirkby Lonsdale. Had a spare minute or two whilst the guns were getting their business sorted out so thought I'd take a pic. We'd already worked the fellside opposite, starting from where the 4x4's are parked up past the green bracken and beyond the white grass area, flushed a lot of partridge out then up the fell from where this pic was taken from. It certainly gives the cardiovascular system a good workout for sure. On a typical day we'll move down the valley and do this usually 5 times but today was a "let day" ie a group of shooters had paid to shoot 150 partridge, by lunchtime (1pm) the bag was 154 so we called it a day :)

T

Time's Ran Out

It was a tough paper round!
A tie and a wig - must have been an important shoot.

D

Dougs Third Go

did a selfie too, it was damned hot!

10620773_10203411655225152_4227854452787998235_n.jpg
we were on Duke of Westminster's Grouse Shoot on thursday TJ,,,that was proper posh, not even allowed to talk to the guns unless they talked to you first, even then you had to mind your p's and q's...we (me and dog) have been invited back for further shoots, but tbh the landed gentry aren't really our cup of char.

D

Dougs Third Go

Sounds a great way to spend a day!
same as any experience John, you've got to look for the positives in it, I came back with two, 1st) I was always concerned about my dog with bolting sheep, DoW's grouse moors were full of sheep...after an hour of whistling my dog back whenever I saw sheep I thought "bugger it, they're not carrying lambs, worst she'll do is chase and play" so I gave her full throttle off her lead, ,,,sheep came right up to us and she never batted an eyelid even when they bolted and ran,,2nd) I came home with a grouse and £50 for taking my dog for a walk :)

T

Time's Ran Out

But do you have to use a poo bag or is it back to nature!
Not the same I know but I love watching 'one man and his dog' - don't suppose it'll become a reality programme as too much opposition to this 'sport/hobby/livelyhood'
Well done for the patience in training to get to this stage.
John.

D

Dougs Third Go

back to nature John :) I'll always pick poo up in public places even though I disagree with the environmental ethics of most poo bags, but that's another rant for another day or we'd spend all night like these two

StatlerWaldorf.JPG

Reply to view from "the office" today in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone, I’ve a fairly basic question I thinks, hope someone can help me out with. I’m...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen