Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Victorian - From a long time ago! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

Time's Ran Out

This photo was taken on a Polaroid instant print camera, the image develops in your hand and the pictures are about 3inches square (75mm).
Not sure how old this picture is (approx 25+ years) but I can remember it as my very first Victorian job.
Fortunately the customer knew exactly what design he wanted and took me to the Church in his local village to show me the floor around the alter.
While I studied the layout I think he was praying for a successful job!
It must have had some effect on me as I'am (we're) still doing them.

Reaction score
great work john , i just posted on you pic ,where do you get the kits :yikes: silly BOY PIKE!! sorry mate :arabia: im a spanner ,if you had a newspaper clip to prove the date it would be the YORKSHIRE RIPPER headlines :yikes: :thumbsup:

B

b30 villain

fantastic id love the confidence (and ability:lol:) to attempt something like that:thumbsup:

T

Time's Ran Out

great work john , i just posted on you pic ,where do you get the kits :yikes: silly BOY PIKE!! sorry mate :arabia: im a spanner ,if you had a newspaper clip to prove the date it would be the YORKSHIRE RIPPER headlines :yikes: :thumbsup:

That's why its important to get a date in one of your pictures otherwise this could have been an entry to JOTM. (1985 that is!)
What I didn't mention in the first picture is they are all hand cut from 100x100mm unglazed porcelain tiles.
I'll dig out a couple more polaroids

A

Aston

tj, you make the difficult things in life look easy......:thumbsup:
much respect to a great tiler.....

ps, tj, approx, how long did/would it take to hand cut that pattern at that size area ?

ed

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Time's Ran Out

Another old photo.
Ed - I generally estimate that the middle is 3/4 metres cut and fixed in a day and the borders 9 linear metres cut and fixed in a day (just between the lines).
It's not that its difficult just time consumming and in conservatories - hot.

Reply to Victorian - From a long time ago! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks