Search the forum,

Discuss Van service in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

Mechanics got to love them , put my van in for a service , main dealer , got a call from the service team , Mr Walsh your vehicle needs brake pads and windscreen wipers , how Much ? £130 for a set of front brake pads , 1/2 hours work max , how much for the windscreen wipers £ 50 supplied and fitted ,
I politely declined their kind offer and bought the parts for £38 and will fit them myself

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
£50 for wipers! Haha
Halfords charge £3 to fit a pair.
And even they don't know how to do it..
Got halfords to fit wipers to our Renault laguna.....it was cold and wet so for £3.00 thought go for it.....was quite funny sat in the car warming my hands on the heater watching 2 numptys take 30 mins to do a 2 min job..

Last edited:
W

WetSaw

Just had my car serviced by the local mechanic because it's cheaper for him to do it than me have time off of work to do it myself. Full service €45 labour! 20160811_155043.jpg

O

One Day

Rant time! My battery has died at 2yrs and 10 months.
Covered by the 3yr Ford warranty BUT...

Got to take it in all day. No courtesy van available.
It's 100% obviously the battery (it read just 4volts)
The poorly educated, illiterate, girl I had to call was insisting that it would need a full day for tests and may even require parts or fixing.
I was SO wound up after the phone call I simply went and bought a new battery.
Cheaper than a day off work and MILES less stress.

Never ever EVER deal with Ford from Evans Halshaw if you value your sanity.

Reply to Van service in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen

Van service > Tiling Advice - Tilers Forums
Search the forum,

Discuss Van service in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

Mechanics got to love them , put my van in for a service , main dealer , got a call from the service team , Mr Walsh your vehicle needs brake pads and windscreen wipers , how Much ? £130 for a set of front brake pads , 1/2 hours work max , how much for the windscreen wipers £ 50 supplied and fitted ,
I politely declined their kind offer and bought the parts for £38 and will fit them myself

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
£50 for wipers! Haha
Halfords charge £3 to fit a pair.
And even they don't know how to do it..
Got halfords to fit wipers to our Renault laguna.....it was cold and wet so for £3.00 thought go for it.....was quite funny sat in the car warming my hands on the heater watching 2 numptys take 30 mins to do a 2 min job..

Last edited:
W

WetSaw

Just had my car serviced by the local mechanic because it's cheaper for him to do it than me have time off of work to do it myself. Full service €45 labour! 20160811_155043.jpg

O

One Day

Rant time! My battery has died at 2yrs and 10 months.
Covered by the 3yr Ford warranty BUT...

Got to take it in all day. No courtesy van available.
It's 100% obviously the battery (it read just 4volts)
The poorly educated, illiterate, girl I had to call was insisting that it would need a full day for tests and may even require parts or fixing.
I was SO wound up after the phone call I simply went and bought a new battery.
Cheaper than a day off work and MILES less stress.

Never ever EVER deal with Ford from Evans Halshaw if you value your sanity.

Reply to Van service in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen