Search the forum,

Discuss Van Security Thread in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
After seeing this on the plumbing forum I thought it's wise for us to share van security tips, and van models to avoid (this is Mk7 Transit - has no top runner on the door which apparently allows you to stand on the door and simply bend it in a few seconds).

Alarms, dead locks, chains on the inside attaching to bulkheads, CCTV covering the drive, etc etc

bent door (1).jpg

S

Spud

I got slam dead locks fitted on mine after several vans on the site I was working on got their locks popped out by tool thieves , lucky mine wasn't one of them but I thought it would be wise to change them

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
When you come to sell your van though, the guy buying it knows it hasn't been broken into etc, so you stand out a bit above the others with the same van.

Just chatting to some of the others in the arms on the other forums, and some have lost 10's of thousands it seems. Sparks with their testing equipment and plumbers with the thermal imaging equipment etc. Shocking. I think if you have an expensive saw in the back and a bad back from pulling it in and out every night, it's worth a few hundred quid for that.

Perhaps just deadlock the front and side, then chain the back, or something. Worth considering though.

S

Spud

No Mark just the back and side loading doors , my van has a steel bulk head and the slam locks have a special security key if you shut the keys in the back you can't get in so I am very careful with them

W

White Room

No Mark just the back and side loading doors , my van has a steel bulk head and the slam locks have a special security key if you shut the keys in the back you can't get in so I am very careful with them

Still good price though.

Reply to Van Security Thread in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen