Search the forum,

Discuss Van in for repair today ... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

obviously they havent replaced the dual mass flywheel though...thats the expensive part.

W

White Room

My Transit is about £600-1000 for a clutch including dual mass flywheel....

T

trevortine

Why replace when there's no need? Zafira different kettle of fish altogether, half hour job on these!

C

charlie1

My transit was about 700 with DMF, why the need to make things more complicated!!!!?

T

trevortine

It's not really Charlie, most peeps won't replace clutch without doing DMF at same time. A new clutch can destroy an old DMF pretty rapid and because of higher torque of newer engines most manufacturers are now fitting.

C

charlie1

What happened with mine was the DMF was being torn apart and causing problems with the a starter motor, I didn't really need new clutch but replaced that,, slave cylinder and and DMF at once.

T

trevortine

What happened with mine was the DMF was being torn apart and causing problems with the a starter motor, I didn't really need new clutch but replaced that,, slave cylinder and and DMF at once.
Certainly the best option if DMF is gubbed, if its all out then sometimes cheaper in long run to replace the lot.

Reply to Van in for repair today ... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen