Search the forum,

Discuss Undercut Saw. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Paul Sh

Anyone know where i can get one of these, this guy has them in stock but the postage is not far off the price of the saw, Trade Tiler sell them but are out of stock, I need one ASAP Cheers.
[DLMURL="http://www.birbek.com/mall/productpage.cfm/birbek/5013909100615/72896"]Birbek wooden flooring Website Undercut Hand Saw For Wood Floor Installation[/DLMURL]

View attachment 69094

Last edited by a moderator:

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
Hi Paul
Any general saw will do, place a tile flat on the floor up to the door stension, put the saw blade flat on the tile, bending the blade and saw away

E

enduro

I bought a Karlton electric door trimmer, around £220.00 i charge £10.00 per door to trim. first job in an old manor house had 15 doors to trim, chippy on site didnt want to take of and trim.

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
Bit too cheap there mate on shaving doors down, you should be charging about £25 for them, just because you have the time saving tools for the job, doesnt mean you have to cut your prices, you need the money back for the tool plus your wages. I know you had a lot of doors on that job, but £150 for 15 doors is too little, Its a good topic to see what others charge for taking down doors and shaving them, Ive used one of those door trimmers and they dont mess about, gets the job done quick, £220 though will put a few people off buying one.

M

Matty A

I bought myself an electric planer but only cos ive gone into the hole property maintence business but reading the above i only charge £10 per door but thinkin about it i gotta take the door off more than once if it dont fit right but the door is usuall off any way if im tiling the floor gonna put my prices up i think.

C

Concept PHT

Circular saw and measure with the door against the top of the frame (just like measuring a tile). Take a further 3 mil off and mark then cut. Bingo :)

T

trevortine

I too use electric plane for this job matty, how do you get a neat finish with circular saw concept? Need to start charging for this as i usually do it as part of the job:sad_smile:

C

Concept PHT

Get a good blade in there. A laminate (worktop) blade normally gets the finish your after. :)

T

trevortine

Sorry m8 but i would never put a ripsnorter near a door no matter what kind of blade was in it, electric plane leaves it perfectly flat too, everyone to their own though:)

C

CON5933

If it's only one door, I don't think you can beat a good quality 'new' hand saw and a bit of sand paper...although I confess...this is only on softwood interior doors, I combine the circular saw and the leccy plane on exterior hardwood.

Reply to Undercut Saw. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen