Search the forum,

Discuss UFH - Warmup cable in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Grace'sDad

Following Bobbins' post about installation- out of interest, what do you guys charge?

Room size of 25sqm, including chasing wall for cables and fitting proper conduit/sheath and a bit of polyfilla.

Labour only

(leave the box for the sparky!)

V

Varley

I charge day reate for UFH installation. Same as you, I do all the chasing but leave the connection for a sparky.

H

Highlander

I charge day rate + materials if required I normally only use loose wire system hate the mats more hassle than they are worth especially in bathrooms. Just got a call from a rep offering their underfloor heating system which does not require the complete cable to be covered in tape. Thats the one thing with warmup loose you need to cover the bloody cable or warrenty is invalid and if your laying 25m2 loose cable you will have sore fingers.
:thumbsup:

Highlander

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I used to charge (and say to the customer) it'll generally cost you about the same as the heating cost you to buy to install it - and you'd just need to then fork out for the levelling compound which I'll get you at trade.

On a 10 square meter room you shouldn't be paying more than about £330 for the heating with a stat - mat or cable. Meaning your half a day fitting it you just made £300 too.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Reply to UFH - Warmup cable in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen