Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Tuscan Levelling System in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

smurf5599

Hi all,

Just about to start tiling my kitchen and found this site :hurray:

I always struggle to level tiles and noticed the Tuscan system reviews , now I know for tradesmen that are tiling all the time it may not be worth the additional cost but for me it might be worthwhile.

It looks like you have to buy a huge amount at a time and I wouldn't require that quantity, so has anyone tried the system bought the parts and then decided it wasn't suitable ? If so I'd like to buy the leftovers to give it a go.

Its a pity they don't supply starter kits for the DIYers.

Regards

Melvin

O

ozboz

Hiya, if you go to a B&Q Warehouse they should have a product for sale that seemingly does the game job as tuscan, they are sort of anchor shaped with a square hole at the top, there are some big yellow wedges in the pack as well, have a look at them they may be an answer to your req'ts, you will find them around the tiling section in black and yellow bags, Tuscan looks ok, but to exxy and a lot of pratting around, anyway ggod luck mate, Setve aka ozboz

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
Yes B & Q do a similar thing, but they will not help with your levelling problem, all they will do is pull the adjacent lips flush, what tiles are you fixing and can you not just take your time and get them right ?

Welcome to TilersForums as well

S

smurf5599

Hi Ozboz, thanks for the reply.

I was worried about some of the wedge type systems as they appeared to have a sprung base that put upwards pressure to line up the top of the tile where as the Tuscan system just pulled the tiles together, hope that makes sense ..

I'll check out B&Q and see how it works.

Thanks again.

Melvin

S

smurf5599

Hi Alan,

I'm using Travertine tiles 600 x 400 , I'm not a tiler and to make it worse I'm very fussy :lol:

I guess it would make it easier once I got going as I'm for ever going back to make minor adjustments that affects the adjacent tiles and it just seems to escalate.

I completely tiled my bathroom last year walls & floor and it took me months , the wife gave me grief about how long it was taking so I'm looking for something to take that particular problem away .. It turned out alright in the end I'll try and post some piccy's.

Regards

Melvin

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
I would suggest not using ant sort of lash tls clips on travertine, you'll more likely to damage the tile edge.

O

ozboz

Hi Mate, I take it that on your earlier post when you mentioned leveling, you are trying to eliminate lippage?. if it is .I cant see any harm trying these lash system, and see how you go , it appears to be a fairly inexpensive and possible aid depending on the quality of the travertine you are using there should not be any damage, there is a video on the trade tiler site that shows you how to use this lash system, and recommends them for fixing stone, however, if the substrate is up and down, it would be adviseable to get this flat before fixing, and then have a look at whichway to go, Ok Mate, Steve aka ozboz

Reply to Tuscan Levelling System in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks