Search the forum,

Discuss TTA Membership in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Colour Republic

There are lots of schemes out there most of them not worth the paper they are written on but just a few are like the Federation of Master Builders and to me (as a multi-trader) the TTA seems like it would be worth it.

So how many of you are members?

If you are, why?

If not, why not?

This only comes about because I just read the following article and notice that the work is guaranteed

Removed URL
I put this in the arms just in case you didn't want the general public / customers to know your take on it

ADDED BY DAN: http://www.tilersforums.com/tiling-forum/5184-you-member-tile-association.html

Last edited by a moderator:
B

brian c

i did a thread like this last year for tta.Not everyone on here is elegible to join as some havent been tiling long enough.:thumbsup:

S

Spud

I would like to join as I think it benefits all tilers to have a strong tile association ,not sure if all the tile association board members are tilers however ,I can only think of three that were actual tile fixers, the rest are retailers ,adhesive manufacturers and contractor managers as opposed to tile fixers but if they have tilers interests at heart it cant be a bad thing :thumbsup:

C

Colour Republic

I would like to join as I think it benefits all tilers to have a strong tile association ,not sure if all the tile association board members are tilers however ,I can only think of three that were actual tile fixers, the rest are retailers ,adhesive manufacturers and contractor managers as opposed to tile fixers but if they have tilers interests at heart it cant be a bad thing :thumbsup:

This is what i've noticed before, when you do a search in your area it comes up with retailers in the most part but noticed the odd fixer in there, so wondered why more people didn't become members, also if a member retailer passes you work, would the guarantee stand?? I suppose it depends on who invoices???

Whoops should have done a search:oops:

W

White Room

My accounts has nothing to do with them, it's briefing the customer who they are and what they can do for them.

C

Colour Republic

The thing is by putting these conditions in place it means not any tom, dick or harry can join. I get hounded by many different 'Trade Bodies' when all they offer is a logo to put next to mine and some of which don't even want to inspect my work! If a set of accounts is needed to determine what membership fee is payable then a simple letter from your accountant would suffice, or maybe they want to know that you're going to be around long enough to back up your work, in which case some trade references should be enough. I too wouldn't give anybody my full audited accounts unless they could give me a very good reason why.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Perry

have been pestered to join but i cant See how it would be a benefit for me so declined

Reply to TTA Membership in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen