Currently reading:
Top gear, Cruise and Diaz

Discuss Top gear, Cruise and Diaz in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Top Gear is mint. And I think the new Senna style piece is the new style of top gear as they were getting a few complaints about it being too 'out there?' or something. So they're trying to bring it back down to earth I think.

Brilliant driver Senna was. I was a young lad when he was in his peak but I still remember the commentators getting well worked up when senna was in view of the camera.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Apparently it was in the news that Jeremy Clarkson has denied the star in a new reasonably priced car was a fix as both Cruise and Diaz got the two top lap times.

Though Clarkson has said that they were simply practising a lot before hand.

So, if you want to get to the top of the board, you simply need to keep practising until you beat the top person and they'll take that time!

I thought they used to have several practise laps and then one actual go at this?! I remember Clarkson saying a series or two ago to a contestant "you did faster in your practise laps but we have to take the actual final lap time".

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Well he had two hours practising. I hope they just offer as much practise time to other guests to enable a fair play.

I know its all for entertainment and you shouldn't believe anything they do or say unless it's a normal fact about a car (in which they one 'the most factual program with the most facts per show' some time ago). Though when it takes as much time and effort to get any laptime on the board, why not let this be really fair and equal for the sake of us being able to banter honestly about what we thought and who was better.

The JK lark got me in the last series. When he came back and won top spot again. I bet he spent all day practising until he got the time.

And apparently they offer cars to drive on their air strip to stars to get them to come. Cruise got the veyron for a few hours. I wonder what some lesser stars got to play in, which also sort of makes me think they'd give a lot more practise time and effort for the stars they get really expensive cars in compared to stars like jordan who just got a go in a TVR or something cheap like that.

Perhaps I'm looking into it too much, but I've loved the show for years, still do, but I think they need to keep their unique things fair, like the score boards.

chris.tiling

TF
Arms
Poole
Thought it was one of their best episodes. The Senna tribute was fantastic - what a legend. Remember watching the accident live on TV and was gutted. Lived in the town where Williams was based and their were loads of bouquets etc around their gates.

And I love Cameron Diaz a liitle bit more now too!!

Last edited:

Reply to Top gear, Cruise and Diaz in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi Everyone, Did anyone watch the debate last night on tv? If you did, what did you think of it? They were annoying me shouting over the top of each other - the lady was like a referee and I...
Replies
Views
Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to tile a simple drywall construction in our bathroom. I got some good advice here so I hope you guys...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a new bathroom installed, all stripped back to bare walls and floor. The fitter has done/hasn't done...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.