Search the forum,

Discuss Tools- Opinions Wanted Please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

BuyBrandTools

Hi all

We have been looking at certain tools at exhibitions and on the internet and would like your feedback. Dont be afraid to be ruthless.

1. Laser Level- What do you think to this laser level? Its by Nedo, you may not have heard of the brand but they are experts in laser tools and we stock quite a few of their products for other industries. They retail for around £100 and are the finest in German engineering. The model is the Cross Liner 2 Pocket which is the second product down:

Nedo Dornstetten > Products > Laser Technology > Cross Line & Dot-liners

2. The Multiscribe is said to combine many functions. See here for its uses:
Is it useless or brilliant?

http://www.blundellharling.com/images/Multiscribe_uses.pdf

3. And finally we are looking at these for anybody in construction related industries Gorilla Tubs - Product Information. Possibly useful for bits of tiles and general rubbish and mixing?

Thanks- Any feedback would be appreciated.

[email protected]

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
460914.gif

Balken_bild_215x25.gif

CrossLiner 2 Pocket Ref.-No. 460 914

CrossLiner 2 Pocket

Self-levelling cross line laser for fast levelling
and aligning. CrossLiner 2 Pocket is always
ready to hand thanks to the compact dimensions
and the convenient belt pouch.

• 1 laser cross, created by a horizontal and a
    vertical laser line
  • Self-levelling function, can be deactivated
  • Tilt function
  • Magnetic damping
  • 2 highly visible laser beams; can be switched
    on separately
  • Multi-functional foot with a 1/4" and 5/8"
    thread, with strong magnets and fastening belt
  • Compensator lock for transportation
  • Supplied with bag and batteries
Technical data:

Accuracy ± 0.3 mm/m Self-levelling range ± 4° Range approx. 10 m Laser 635 nm, laser class 2 Power supply 3 x 1.5 V (AA) Operation duration approx. 20 h-40 h Ref.-No. 460 914​
----
Gorilla tubs rock. My old man runs a window fitting / conservatory business and his lads use them on a daily basis. I've seen loads of them on-site, generally finishing trades and those that create waste... tilers included.

This would save loads of tub being broken due to off-cuts being thrown in them to carry to the skip/bin.

Good stuff those. I'd have one depending on the price.

Last edited:
G

grumpygrouter

I already use gorilla tubs. Get my form Wickes or local garden centre. 40ltr tub in wickes is £3.99. Priceless tool!

Multiscribe looks interesting, will it help with scribing toilets? As for laser levels, I have been seriously looking at PLS 180 from Pacific laser Systems, gives an excellent light and spread - 180 deg - both vertically and horizontally. One thing that concerns me though and as yet I have never used one, is that even though they are accurate to +/- 0.3mm/mtr over 10 mtr that can mean at the extreme they can be 6mm out!! not good for lining up grout lines all the way around a room. At least with a spirit level you can twiddle the thing around and be no more than 0.5mm out. Opinions much appreciated on this one.

Grumpy

H

Holohana

gorilla tubs, invaluble for rubbish and nipping etc oh and for mixing self level stuff cos you can pour out of them!

Just clean e, like a bucket or leave to dry and bend to knock stuff off following morning!

F

Fred

All these laser levels and other mod tools, and the Eygptians built the pyramids with a reed water level.:yawn:

E

elliesdad224

hi fred, the gorilla tub is ace, used them for years, if you ever come across an equestrian (horses, not being rude fred but not everyone knows what that means) supplies they sell them for peanuts because horse owners mix the feed in them

Reply to Tools- Opinions Wanted Please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen