Search the forum,

Discuss Tools and Advice of self Leveling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

pendleh

Hi

Just wondering what tools etc I will need to self level a floor. Any advice on self levelling appreciated as well.

Best Wishes

Howard

D

Droopy

A screeding trowell with a pointed end is best for getting right into the corners.
And a spiked roller for getting rid of any trowell lines is also a good addition.
But neither of these are essential when leveling before laying ceramic, TBH.
For that, just a decent plastering trowell wil do.

Best tip I can think of is to make sure you get the mix just right. You need it thin enough to find is own level , but not too thin.
It's hard to explain really, trial and error I suppose.

G

GazTech

Bal multibase recommends 5.5 lites of water per 25kg bag, fill bucket up to 6litre mark and you will find it is much easier to move around, and helps it find level.....Gaz

G

Grace'sDad

Also remember that it's not really "self" levelling - it needs coaxing with a trowel to find it's level.

Gaz is spot on with mixing a bit runnier than recommended, unless you're working a slope.

Also, don't over-trowel, or play with it too long (ooh-er!). You don't need a mirror finish for tiling onto.

P

pendleh

How do you create a perimeter for the self levelling compound? What do you use? Also if the floor is higher what kinda edge do you use?

Best Wishes

Howard

Reply to Tools and Advice of self Leveling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen