Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling up to glass cooker hood in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

faithhealer

Quoting kitchen at the present which has no cupboards on the wall just a glass curved extraction hood, the wall will have a brickbond splashback 50cms high but the customer wants it up to the hood (and the width of) not sure if it will look right though.
Trawling thru the gallery at pres but so far every kitchen has cupboards to 'frame' the tiles. Any body recollect any pics lads?

F

faithhealer

i normally take off the extractor and tile behind the glass curve all the way up or have finished 15 cm below the lowest point of the curve on a full tile .1st option looks better imo.
:8:
More I think about it, the more i think there should be no upstance up to the hood with it being a bare wall. (Don't think the half tile will look right) Told her to have a play a bout when she gets the tiles

F

faithhealer

Did this job last week, just tiled straight across at about .45mt high, Looked good, turns out when she found the design picture the kitchen company did for her , they drew it the same.
Have another post on here about how she changed her mind about the colour of the tiles she's had for three weeks but that came to a happy conclusion as well. Back on Monday to quote for her bathroom!

Reply to Tiling up to glass cooker hood in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.