Search the forum,

Discuss tile stain in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

atec

Hi guys been off for a while,

I done a bathroom about 1 year ago, lady phoned me yesterday saying the tiles are stained, i seen the bathroom about 4 months after doing job, no stains. so went and looked last night, 3 tiles around rim off bath have discoloured or a stain not sure, it is noticable. she explained this has been very recent. The grout is smack on not even a hint of damp, i got underneath the bath, walls below tiles completely dry, im baffled, im i to blame or is it bad tiles. used Bal adhesive and grout, Mapie primer and tanking gum

need feed back

all the best
ronnie

D

DHTiling

laura ashely..mmmmm heard about the tile biscuit on some of those getting wet and darkening the tiles...is there a shower over the bath .?

D

DHTiling

Just because the tiles are absorbing water then that cannot be your fault...what type of grout did you use..?...is the stain just the tile is darker or has it gone brown or summit.

A

atec

used white grout and adhesive, BAL, the tile has went darker, not whole tile a patch. total of three tiles, grout is in good shape, no discolouration at all.

D

DHTiling

Deffo sounds like water getting in at the tile edges....ask her to leave the shower off limits for a few days and see if it dries out..:thumbsup:. Also is the edge of the tile exposed as in recessed grout joint..?

A

atec

im back tomorrow night for another look, will phone her tonight ask her not to use shower, untill after i look, i think she wants me take the stained tiles off and replace them,

Reply to tile stain in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen