Search the forum,

Discuss Things that only happen once! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rob Z

Jamie's thread: http://www.tilersforums.com/tiling-forum/25756-things-never-happen.html got me thinking about a similar topic.....

What has happened to you on the jobsite that you know will never occur again in your career?

Here's one that I had about 7-8 years ago...never to be repeated.

I had a bathroom floor to do, 6" X 6" 's on the diagonal. I did my layout and found that the full and half diamonds worked out perfectly from the left to right side of the room, and from the shower curb to the door into the bathroom. No cuts! Perfect layout! Hit the door exactly with the threshold!:thumbsup:

T

The D

Same thing really I went to do a 30m2 conservatory floor and found I had left my tape measure on another job. So to set the room out I dry lade the tiles starting with a full tile one end was going to split the difference at the other end. To my surprise it worked out a full tile at both ends. You can imagine my face when it worked out the same side to side. On a 30m2 floor there was three 4inch cuts in the door rebate. What a day tiled and grouted and on my way home with £750.00 in my back pocket for 1.30 lovely jubely

J

jamie B

just recently I did a 40 odd metre floor for a builder i work with frequently. His jobs are always immaculate in their preparation, but this time the customer had ordered the tiles and asked for the previous kitchen floor not to be screeded as the rest had (trying to save money!) so on the day I'm due to fix I arrive and not only is there 1 lot of tiles missing from the pattern they want, but a level difference between the old kitchen floor and new screed.
After a bit of inventive juggling I came up with a new pattern and set out using the split in floor levels as a joint to help me a bit...bugger me, the floor worked whole tile to every threshold around the L shape as well!!..makes you look like super tiler to the customer!!
As napoleon said "I don't want brave generals..just lucky ones":lol:

D

Deleted member 1779

Working at the ideal home I decided to buy one of those tiny 10" internet notebooks and after a few days I hated it (so took it back)

But before I did that the strangest coincidence happened....

The following morning I travelled to Earls Court on the tube as ususal.
While I was at work in the morning at about 11am I suddenly realised that on the journey I had lost my mobile telephone. And you know what a pain that can be...

At 1pm on my mini-laptop an e-mail message came through from the office girl of our distributors.

"If you go to the next train tube station from Earls Court somebody has handed in your mobile phone to the station manager, and he has called us to let us know he has it"

Amazing!

1) If I hadnt bought that little laptop I would have not got the message for a day
2) Who ever gets a lost mobile telephone back
3) So much hassle saved.

As I said above I eventually took the laptop back and got my money back because I couldnt get used to the tiny keyboard.

And many thanks to the unknown member of public who handed in my phone and saved me much grief.

R

richie b

the thing happened to me not so good, i was tiling top row standing on a bucket (i know shouldnt do that) when it started to tip over so i jumped off one foot landed in bucket of addy and the other in my water what the chances of that :thumbsdown:

R

Rob Z

Richie :mad2:

How about when the cell phone falls right down in the bucket of mortar? :yikes:

R

richie b

iv heard some strange things in houses but never seen anything like a lady floating :yikes::yikes:

Reply to Things that only happen once! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen