Search the forum,

Discuss They are only mitres?! eh?!?! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

dave l and l

i found the butech trims a real pain. brassed chrome is really hard to cut. ended up going through a few hacksaw blades and cutting them with grinder. they are very shiny . also they are pretty expensive

O

One Day

i found the butech trims a real pain. brassed chrome is really hard to cut. ended up going through a few hacksaw blades and cutting them with grinder. they are very shiny . also they are pretty expensive

I find them ok. Prefer to use a decent hacksaw with my quansol box over a grinder.
One slip and they're goosed though!

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I use my Makita chopsaw for the all metal trims and just have a metal blade swapped into it. Perfect cuts every time. Nice work Kyle

M

MW Smith Ceramics

I use my Makita chopsaw for the all metal trims and just have a metal blade swapped into it. Perfect cuts every time. Nice work Kyle

That sounds like a good shout John,

I'm working for another tiling contractor and its genesis metal trim everywhere with niches, lots of Windows, boxing and sills ( all very time consuming with my hacksaw and mitre box.......are you using s carpenters chopsaw with a metal blade then or is it like a mini version not so bulky and better for cutting trim?

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I use this saw, but then again I do a lot of woodwork as well, but just change the blade to a metal one when needed :smiley:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Makita-MLS100-240-255-Electric/dp/B0013UY7N2

Hate using a hacksaw and mitre box when there's a tool that does the job in seconds and perfect cuts, good as well for taking 1/10th of a mm off as well if you work to fine tolerances (I'm sure you do ;))

M

MW Smith Ceramics

Nice one John, thanks for the link, I wonder if many fixers are using a chopsaw or still battling with a hacksaw and mitre box like me.....

Reply to They are only mitres?! eh?!?! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen