Currently reading:
Tax Enqiury's

Discuss Tax Enqiury's in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

White Room

Yes, Can't remember if was my accountant or another firm, Think it was the latter, Did,nt take it up, thought to myself if I had a problem with my tax would be going back to my accountant for him to sort it out. Thats what I pay good money for. There,s to many of these insurance companys that try and scare you into taking out policys that are totaly unnecessary IMO If you keep your accounts upto scratch there should'nt be any problems Oli

G

grumpygrouter

Yes, Can't remember if was my accountant or another firm, Think it was the latter, Did,nt take it up, thought to myself if I had a problem with my tax would be going back to my accountant for him to sort it out. Thats what I pay good money for. There,s to many of these insurance companys that try and scare you into taking out policys that are totaly unnecessary IMO If you keep your accounts upto scratch there should'nt be any problems Oli
Tax enquiries can be instigated by many things, usually though something will be highlighted that the Revenue will "just want to check". The accountants costs when they have to get involved can be considerable and just because you are paying them to provide a service doesn't mean they are going to be liable for any "enquiry" costs. It may even be something else that has triggered the enquiry outwith what your account has done.

These insurance policies can be worthwhile, it all depends if you think it is money well spent.

My only enquiry envolvment resulted after one of my clients was not "declaring" sufficient drawings to live on through his accounts. When it was pointed out that he was married to paramedic who was very well paid, they said "oh, we didn't realise that". So I said, you can terminate the enquiry now then as you know how he lives?" No they said, once an enquiry has started, we must, by law see it through. it took several months for which my client paid me handsomely.

This is why insurance can be a viable cost.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Costs more than 70 notes a year though Dan!

Comes with other benefits too though.

The guy that came to see me also said, if you have this sign on your window you'll find 'the taxman' will treat you a little differently and follow the right procedures.

FSB appoint you an investigation guru or something.

Thankfully I've always been legit and have never needed to do anything dodgy with tax or NI for myself or employee's, when i had them.

Reply to Tax Enqiury's in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.