Discuss Tax Discs Being Phased Out in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

My missus was telling me a few months ago about it (she's a driving instructor)
Everything is done through computer anyway so it won't make much difference.

S

Stef

As always, as soon as they go by a traffic car it will ping up through the PNC.
If your a legit driver then nothing to worry about.
My wife's wee mini is zero road tax, still needs a tax disc & still got a receipt for paying nothing!!! [emoji1]

I

Ian

One thing I can't seem to find the answer to is, my disc is valid until March 2015 so do I have to re-register that disc? I'm assuming not as that would cause insane amounts of extra work at the dvla for no reason, surely I just need to wait until it runs out and then do it the new way?

W

White Room

Probably after October your'll be able to take it out as your on the system as payed...

S

Stef

One thing I can't seem to find the answer to is, my disc is valid until March 2015 so do I have to re-register that disc? I'm assuming not as that would cause insane amounts of extra work at the dvla for no reason, surely I just need to wait until it runs out and then do it the new way?

Will let you know when her indoors comes back from outdoors!!! [emoji1][emoji1]

I

Ian

Will let you know when her indoors comes back from outdoors!!! [emoji1][emoji1]

It would seem daft to have to cash in the old one and then register the new way, however I wouldn't put it past the dvla!

S

Stef

Kerrie told me something about it last couple of weeks or so.
As you say wouldn't put it past DVLA..

W

White Room

There also a bit about if you buy a car off someone the car tax is'nt transferable anymore...

W

White Room

It'll interesting to see how it all pans out when it gets going....mind you there'll be no more tax discs being nicked...

R

Rookery

I hadn't heard about this either. I've felt for many years that RFL should be added to fuel duty so that those doing more miles pay more than those doing fewer. Seems fairer to me. It would also mean the crims couldn't dodge paying it and lastly, I wouldn't have to shell out a whopping £200+ in one go.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score

Yes. You will need to renew in the new way. The thing that annoys me most about this is that the new system means the tax is not transferable so when you sell your vehicle the tax automatically lapses and the new owners have to relax it straight away. Yet another stealth tax IMO...

Reply to Tax Discs Being Phased Out in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay