Search the forum,

Discuss String marks on limestone in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnyc

Just started a job with large 900 x600 x20 mm hard honed limestone. The tiles were separated by loops of thin string. In a certain light you can see the string marks on face of stone and also where it has moved in transit cause a blurred looped curved line.have tried wexa and power clean but can't get rid of marks .any ideas ?
i think the string must have some sort of wax or oil in it that has got squashed between tiles

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Spud

Give it a clean with a medium grit diamond sprayed maintenance pad once the floor is laid Jonny and they will come up a treat ATS has started to sell them and I tried them out on a job a couple of weeks ago and they are good quality

C

Concrete guy

Give it a clean with a medium grit diamond sprayed maintenance pad once the floor is laid Jonny and they will come up a treat ATS has started to sell them and I tried them out on a job a couple of weeks ago and they are good quality

Thanks Gary, I would never have thought of testing these products on encaustic tiles so that was very helpful.

Stock has arrived and they're all listed on our website in the polishing section pending some better photography.

We've extended the range of grits available over the ones you tested and we also decided to simply print the grit number on each pad rather than a 1,2,3,4 numbering system as we're forever being asked "what grit is a number 2 pad?"

Reply to String marks on limestone in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen