Search the forum,

Discuss stop slipping on Saltillo tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

garretridge

nice job love to have a go at something like dont fancy the grouting bit sore on those knees! ha ha!:santa_cheesy:

D

DHTiling

As for the slip factor.....As long as the sealer is an impregnating type and not just a surface sealer ( topical ) then they should not really be slippy...

There are anti slip treatments you can use that you simplt spray on...but all check suitablity first or use a company that does it...similar to this one in the uk..>> Anti Slip Treatment Non Slip Floor Treatment

Last edited by a moderator:
C

CarolB

Hello,

I posted some pictures of the steps. The sealer I used is called H&G concrete sealer. It was recommended by a local paint store.
I put one coat of sealer on so far. I didn't grout it yet, as one wouldn't do with Saltillo tiles before sealing first.

I hope this helps.

Thanks.

chrisusvi

Wow! They look phenomenal! How did the sealer hold up?

C

CarolB

I cant believe hiw beautiful these steps are. Nice work! Im curious to know if your happy with the sealer and how its held up? In fettinf ready to use saltillo in my shower and im exploring sealers now.

Reply to stop slipping on Saltillo tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen