Currently reading:
Stolen Pictures

Discuss Stolen Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I've PM'd tommy to ask if he's given permission. Though I've also emailed the web developer of that website and asked them to provide information with regards to permission to save issuing a DMCA Takedown Notice to them, their host, Google, and their domain registrar.

You basically fill in a form and send it to all the above and they all end up asking the web developer to take down the copyright content or they risk losing their service. And that's very damaging with regards to their google rankings if Google de-rank their homepage.

I've not actually issued a DMCA as Tommy might have granted permisson. Though I have asked for them to provide details.

I think tommy is on twitter, and original features is too, so perhaps he's posted it there and they've asked via twitter or something.

It might be genuine. But Rob's got a bloody good memory and very well done if it has been stolen mate! - Need more heads like you about.

The Human Soca. lol

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Enfield Tile Centre (or Enfield Web, their web guy) are removing the stolen copyright images before monday morning.

Only took a phone call and an email to both, so it is easy to get them to remove the images if you ever clock people stealing yours. Just give me a shout if you ever need a hand with this.

You just need to threaten DMCA Takedown Notice to Google, Yahoo, Bing, their ISP and host, and they quickly realise their website would be delisted from searching engines and possibly even knocked offline by their ISP unless they respond.

Works with any UK company anyway, I've had issues with overseas firms that this doesnt work so easily on but you can just submit DMCA's to all the above and it's as good as having them removed I guess.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
All images have been removed.

Can others please check their websites and images too? And take a look at the enfile site as a lot of their images appear to be owned by somebody else and not them.

Sir Ramic showed me a good tool ages ago https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dajedkncpodkggklbegccjpmnglmnflm

If you install this on a Google Chrome web browser, you can right click any image, and search google for that image. So it shows you a list of websites that are using the exact image.

You can do this periodically to find people using your images on their own websites, and then contact them to tell them they need to remove them with immediate effect or risk losing their hosting account and rankings in Google.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
The plot thickens.

Original Features was built by Node Media. Node Media also built the website for Old English Brochure Designs Home - Olde Engish Tiles

Old English are apparently distributing a disc with these images on them. And I bet you 10 quid it's Node Media that has stuck the disc together.

Let me know if you'd like me to see if I can get the images removed from the disc going around. I could even get details of all who have been given the disc I bet too.

Reply to Stolen Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.