Search the forum,

Discuss Starting-up shopping list... Opinions please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

BrhTiling

Morning people!

I am just about to do a bit of shopping for my starting up tools... I have attached my list and I am wondering if I can get your opinions.. is anything missing?

I have been told to go for the TS40 for smaller jobs and the TS60 for bigger tiles... Sound good to you?

List:
RUBI TS40 & TS60
Rubi 160mm bucket trowel
Rubi 180mm gauging trowel
Stabila 600 & 1200mm sprit levels
Rubi wall tile drill set
Marshalltown 6mm and 10mm trowels
Shaw circle cutter
Plasplugs master tiler DWW180
Grout rake
sealant gun
Rubi ajustable stands???? - sounds like a good idea ?
Washboy

Attachments

• tileshoppinglist.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 93
T

tony TLC

wow what a list to start with thats quallity
i find the ts 60 isnt big enough for quite a lot of tiles
love the 40
you can cut down a lot on the costs by not bying brand name tools
ive heard that the wet saw is good
but if it was me i would like to earn some money b4 spashing out on brand names
its a great list tho
grout float
and a cheep workmate as a stand
but happy shopping

W

wivers

Dont forget :

Gimp suit, Leather mask, Nipple clamps, sexy knickers, penis rings and butt plugs.

Well thats what TJ and Varley carry with them in their tool boxes!! :)

S

Simon.

Well I've spent about £500 so far and still don't have a wet saw. I've a new Rubi TS 30 (nice and portable but too small for a lot of tiles) and a nice brand new shiny TS 60 Plus (£140 on ebay). I'm impressed with the Marshalltown tools. I'm still to book a course later in the year so I'm all show and no go as in racing parlance but I've got some free jobs lined up before then. Stick with the essentials (I've gone a bit overboard) and what with next day delivery you can buy tools on the internet (advertised on this site) as and when a particular job dictates.

G

GazTech

nothing wrong with your list Si,but ditch the grout rake you don't want to be using that!! lol
icon7.gif

Reply to Starting-up shopping list... Opinions please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen