Search the forum,

Discuss slow setting rapid set in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

You've got confused Mike, you must be thinking of rapid setting slow set, not slow setting rapid set :lol:

flaggy

TF
Reaction score
im on site and had same probs couldnt do any grouting this week incase of the freeze with the grout

H

hillhead

I have mapei limestone ultracolour to use tomorrow, 10 bags.lol.
I wonder how it will set.
Also i'm wearing 2 tee shirts, a sweater and a bodywarmer plus wolly hat !!!
Great fun this tiling.lol

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I have to ditra a bathroom floor on saturday morning and tile it too :yikes:

How many metres you got there Hillhead? I've just done an outhouse 15m2 and it took 4 days, Ditra, tile and grout, just so slow at drying even with an oil heater.

Same inside unheated house in kitchen 5 days, SLC, Ditra, tile and grout tomorrow for 25m2 with an oil heater.

The air inside the rooms are warm but the floor being concrete is bitterly cold affecting drying times.

Put some waste adhesive in the skip :mad2: and the next morning it had just about started going off.

H

hillhead

I'm not sure how many m2 i have there, i have an agreement on price(which is good) for whole room. I'd say 7-10m2 on floor but there is people in the house so heat there for sure.
This is on another job, not the one i started the thread about.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I'm not sure how many m2 i have there, i have an agreement on price(which is good) for whole room. I'd say 7-10m2 on floor but there is people in the house so heat there for sure.
This is on another job, not the one i started the thread about.

Thats where you need to brush up on your negotiating skills...hehe. I managed to get a day rate for the house we're doing, 2 bathrooms, outhouse and kitchen. and I've done ok. I've no heating and no running water and that ain't easy. As Dave says tho, I'm backwards and forwards to the local caf for tea regularly.

H

hillhead

I'll be well covered in this one John too, i have done some class jobs for this marble company since last year and the don't buck me at all.
I don't be afraid to shout if i need more,lol.

Reply to slow setting rapid set in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen