Discuss Sigma vs Montolit in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

Tile Shop

With the current sigma shortage, can anyone advise if the montolit is a good comparison?

As far as i can tell, they are of a similar design but the monti seems to be cheaper size for size.

This is not another sigma rubi debate. Used various rubis so not interested in opinions about them. Only interested in finding out the difference between monti and sigmas pros and cons.

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've bin looking at the battipav cutter since you posted a link on a thread I've not actually used one yet ...

O

One Day

I've had both - still have a minimontolit.
They are very different imo.
Sigma has a "feel" for the scoring and breaking. Montolit feels kind of numb by comparison.
It took me ages to get used to montolit but only a few cuts with my Sigmas.

I

Italy

With the current sigma shortage, can anyone advise if the montolit is a good comparison?

As far as i can tell, they are of a similar design but the monti seems to be cheaper size for size.

This is not another sigma rubi debate. Used various rubis so not interested in opinions about them. Only interested in finding out the difference between monti and sigmas pros and cons.
now, better get back to the question.
I remember that Montolit had the problem, the measurement bar .for 45 ° cuts. if you measure the cut serves, with sigma, it is measured from the wall to the tip of the tile. the measure, it is reported, the measurement bar behind.
with Montolit, it was not possible, every time, I had to fix red bracket and then cut.
I do not know if the problem is resolved.

IMG_20161007_115723.jpg

I

Italy

I know why there is a shortage of sigma .....
an Italian tiler, is registered to an English forum.
unfortunately, all sigma stocks are finished ...:rolleyes: (I do not understand why) and I do not know the name of the tiler (apprentice) lol

A

AndY mac

Sigma has got more feedback like impish says the only thing I liked more on the montolit was the flap up and down laterial stop. Wish sigma would introduce this.

Reply to Sigma vs Montolit in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks