Currently reading:
Short Form Tax Return

Discuss Short Form Tax Return in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

grumpygrouter

I GOT ONE TOO!
I rang tax office questioning it, they told me things are changing this year & instead of the usual APRIL,SEPTEMBER & 30TH JAN, to get the tax returns in,its changing to just the end of january!
:stupid:
If you file a paper return, it needs to be in by 31st October. The January deadline is now only for Electronic Filing.

The short return has been designed to make life simpler for people that do not have the requirements for a normal return. I don't deal with them myself as I do my stuff in proprietory tax software.

H

Holohana

The short return has been designed to make life simpler for people that do not have the requirements for a normal return. [/QUOTE] Ive got the ability and indeed have submitted normal returns for the last two years so any reason why i would get this instead? Something to worry about or simply speak to my tax office/accountant? I dont want to submit this at cost and then a normal one too! Cheers all.

U

Ultimate Tiling

A short tax return is nothing to worry about, its just what it says ie shorter than the normal one.

If your tax is not complicated and turnover is below £15000 then the tax man sends you this.

It just misses out the bits that you would leave blank if you filled the full one out making it easier to fill in.

If you decided to expand and set people on and buy a fleet of vans then you would need to tell tax office and they would revert back to full return.

If you have ever filled your own returns in you will see that half the pages dont apply to you all they've done is cut that out.

Reply to Short Form Tax Return in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.