Search the forum,

Discuss Sharing the love in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
I've been working on a complete bathroom install recently. It was a bit of a different design than what i'm usually asked to quote for. A quirky little cottage just outside Peterborough. If anyone's seen my facebook page, you'll proberbly have seen the "traditional" bathroom i've done recently.

Anyway, old building means old plumbing so the job had a few issues and i ran over by a little bit from the estimate. All's fine though and customers exstatically happy seeing the bathroom come together. However, they're due to fly out to Mexico a few days after my estimated completion date. So i put some late evenings in and work a full weekend to catch up. There were no issues with me working in there whilst they were away, but i really wanted them to see it complete at least before they went.

They flew out to Mexico this morning. I managed to get finished by late Monday night. So last night i went out with my eldest (5 year old) after the school run to collect the last of my tools. Customer welcomes me in and is as enthusiastic, excitable and hospitable as he's allways been. With a big smile he points to his kitchen table. "A little something for you and the misses to say thank you for all your hard work", followed by "and to make the peace with your better half for you putting so many hours in"

On the table was a bottle of wine, a packet of fruit shorties (long story, but customer gave me these daily, and we agreed they tasted very similar to the biscuits in the ration packs HM Forces issue. These were the only edable item in them!), Also, a bunch of flowers for the better half and a really nice thank you card with a message instructing me to take the misses out for a meal and £40!

Dare i say it, it made me feel a little emotional. But, after all the hassle we all endure in our trade daily to please our customers it reassures me that there are people still out there that notice the efforts we put in. And that don't just want you to do a perfect job, cheap as chips and as quick as possible.

99.99% i leave my customers happy as larry. But to recieve acknowledgement on top of the pay i was expecting, and to this extent really made me smile! :grin:

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Nice result mate

D

DHTiling

It is really nice and fully appreciated when customers do this, from a bottle of wine to a thank you card, it really makes it worthwhile..

B

Bubblecraft

Well done mate. It is a great feeling when you have been appreciated for your efforts. I got a tin of Roses when I finished up on Tuesday...also got my pay lol!

afright

TF
Reaction score
Had a lady customer while tiling her kitchen she came in and kiss me on the cheek and said bye darling,with a gasp she said sorry I dont no what I'am doing thought you was my husband I said thats ok but I think you need glasses

Reply to Sharing the love in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I am a noob trying to tile our shower. Since the old tiles were taken off, some of that...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen