Search the forum,

Discuss self leveling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

crazysteve123

Hi, i have been to view a kitchen floor which requires tiling the problem is that the kitchen has just been extended and where the wall used to be the concrete is very rough and there is about an 3-4 mm lift also to floor slopes down etc i have suggesting it might need leveling because i dont think i can make up the differents with the adeshive also i use paper templates for my cuts and i was wondering if there was anything better on the market to use..thank you

G

grumpygrouter

It may be easier if you can chop down the bits of wall first with a Kango oran SDS drill with chisel. This would reduce tha mount of laveling you may have to do. You haven't indicated the size of the area to be tiled so it is a little hard to advise.

If the area is small, it may well be quicker just to lay levelling compund up to the height of the lumpiest bits. I personally don't find levelling straight forward as it requires some practice to get a good finish.

As for the cuts, are you talking about round the kitchen unit bases and the like? I don't use template, I normally just mark straight onto the tile and cut with the wet cutter as necessary.

C

crazysteve123

Hi, thanks for the reply, the floor is 16m2, maybe if i chisel out where the wall was i could get away with making the differents with ady, i use paper templates the size of the tile if i need to cut round doors etc just wanted to know of a better way cheers...

S

Spud

i agree with grumpy here i think you would be better chopping out the high spots then levelling the floor lots of arguement about what is the best levelling compund water baesd imo is the best self leveller i have tried many and weber nivdur s is good and nivdur plus dont go near wickes it doesnt build more than 2mm with out cracking

Reply to self leveling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen