Discuss Rubimix-10 Spare parts in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

itstony

TF
Reaction score
Before I give up and bin my Mixer I would like to ask if it is possible to buy spares. I am surprised I cannot even find a mention of spares on their site.
The armature needs replacing. Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers.

itstony

TF
Reaction score
Thanks Tom, checked that site before, next to nothing on there.
difficult to know why there are no obvious suppliers of spares for a brand leader..

T

Time's Ran Out

Is it not still under guarantee?
If not throw it away - they are cheap enough!

itstony

TF
Reaction score
Bin it! I know it's an ever growing throw it away mentality now exacerbated by cheap imports, but made a lifetime habit of repairing tools and equipment, hence why I make the effort for established brands.
Has to be age related I guess?

T

Time's Ran Out

Wow!
‘Your only as old as the woman you feel’.
As for the mixer - I use mine every day of the week (a Rubi) so if it does 1year its paid for itself and I use my spare.

O

Old Mod

Bin it! I know it's an ever growing throw it away mentality now exacerbated by cheap imports, but made a lifetime habit of repairing tools and equipment, hence why I make the effort for established brands.
Has to be age related I guess?
I’m with you on repairing tools, no reason not to if it’s financially viable.
I got my rubimix in 2006, and it’s still going strong. (Now I’ve cursed it probably. :()

T

Time's Ran Out

My apprenticeship didn’t include mechanical engineering !
We would mix sand/cement by shovel which meant you just acquired a new handle and then we moved up to a piece of 2x2 for adhesive.
My first paddle mixer was an attachment for my Stanley drill in 1998 the year my son started his apprenticeship so life became sweeter!
£39.95 from Aldi so disposable for me!

O

Old Mod

My apprenticeship didn’t include mechanical engineering !
We would mix sand/cement by shovel which meant you just acquired a new handle and then we moved up to a piece of 2x2 for adhesive.
My first paddle mixer was an attachment for my Stanley drill in 1998 the year my son started his apprenticeship so life became sweeter!
£39.95 from Aldi so disposable for me!
This was and still is my very first mixer, might have had a paddle for a short while esrlier, can’t remember John. :D
BIG stick before that. :p

itstony

TF
Reaction score
Yes Tom, that is it.
I had a reply from RUBI UK and they are putting someone on to me. so waiting on that.
The wires to the commutator are insulated and one of those appears to have degraded and shorting. Initially looked like brushes.
Anyway, that armature will be a generic one from a company that Rubi chose.
I have time, but not that much to search.
maybe this Rubi person can help. I ain't being binned on a whim :)

G

Gabriel

Before I give up and bin my Mixer I would like to ask if it is possible to buy spares. I am surprised I cannot even find a mention of spares on their site.
The armature needs replacing. Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers.

G

Gabriel

My rubimix has not been function/ starting for sometime and today have tried to open it where by have found one brush is missing .. .. can lack of this one brush be the course of this mixer not function/start ? Plz asisst me

Reply to Rubimix-10 Spare parts in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks