Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Raimondi Levelling System in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

JacktheTiler

Anybody used these and have any feedback?
I sort of like the idea but dunno if it is worth the money as they are quite expensive and you would need 1000's of pieces for some jobs. My dad who has 40+years of experience would like to know what you guys think.

Thanks,
Jack

R

Rich

Do a search with the little bar at the top right hand side of your page. There is loads of posts on here about them with lots of good and bad points.

J

JacktheTiler

Ok thanks guys I just got my thread when I searched.

Will have to give them a good read.

martin1c

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I've used the raimondi system on large format tiles. All I seem to get is the 1m porcelanosa tiles these days and the Raimondi clips really help. Yes, it makes keeping the work area clean harder but on larger tiles it makes sure that they don't move. One point to note is that when using them on floor tiles they do try to move the grout gap when you tighten up the clip so I always knock the tile back into position. I've also found that this system is great when floors aren't quite level or have hollows in them. It's an expensive addition and I know that some will say that they don't need it because they can tile etc but I've found the Raimondi system very useful.

S

Spud

the lash clips wont level an uneven floor they just aid with reducing the lippage ,they are useful for some tiles and I did use them quite a lot a few months ago but have stopped now as I dont think they add in any way to the quality of my work and infact I noticed that on floors they can hinder you as they can create undulations and they dont allow you to clean your work as you fit it

R

RinkyDinky

I recently tried the ATR Tile leveller, the results were just fantastic, and i finished the floor in 25% less time than usual. Simple, cheap system but it definitely works. I have been tiling for many years and thought these were a gimmick but quite the opposite, I did try the LASH system but it was poor and the Raimondi was expensive and clumsy.
I now never go out now without a box. The website is informative, shows how many are needed and there are some neat you tube videos showing it being used. Hope that helps.

P

pnightxr600

I too came across this product and couldn't believe how simple and effective it was, the finished results just made the job i was doing in 60 x 60 simply flawless. I purchased mine from a company called tectile in lancashire. A new product on the market but i will definitely be using this again.

Reply to Raimondi Levelling System in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks