Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Quotes you don't really want in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Had a call from a rough sounding bint yesterday.......and from a rough part of town.

Oh well........a jobs a job, I thought.

Went around this evening to look at it. :yikes:

Parked in the front garden was a manky looking Avondale Chavtastic caravan.....with equally looking manky burbury looking curtains.......garden full of rubbish, settee, half an engine, you know wot I mean.

Anyway.........knocked on the door, and a Waynetta look a like answered, complete with roll up hanging from the side of her dribble stained mouth.

Oh poo.......thought I :thumbsdown:

She just turned her back to me and started walking up the stairs. (I did ponder the idea of running away at that point)

"COME ON" she said :yikes:

So I followed up the manky full of dodgy looking stained stairs, which had that dodgy, or should it be doggy smell about it. I think the dogs would wipe there feet to go out of this place.

"Its in there" said Waynetta.

Oh FFS.............tiles, I think used to be white, well, about 40 decades ago before they got stained by constant smoking on the lavvy.

A window was boarded up, with I think, like plasterboard.....it was hard to tell.

I told her the tiles need to come of as the cement would not take to the 1/2" thick layer of nicotine. Oh, does it :mad2:

Anyway, I quickly measured up and got the F out of there.

My quote WILL be chuffing expensive........and I won't be able to do it till November 2010 :lol:

My wheels were still on my van upon my return :smilewinkgrin:

Don't you just love em

Last edited:

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
cj i just landed a job in niddrie marschall next to craigmillar.....shockin estate cant beleive they accepted my price im keekin me drawers:smilewinkgrin:

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
cj i just landed a job in niddrie marschall next to craigmillar.....shockin estate cant beleive they accepted my price im keekin me drawers:smilewinkgrin:

Bloody hell Kilty.

My Mrs is from there............was up that way a couple of weeks ago.

they have mastered the art of removing car wheels whilst they are still moving.

Craigmillar............now your talking rough as.....

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
CJ, you were drunk mate, it was your house........................:lol:

Don't own a caravan Fred. :lol:

Couldn't help but notice that they had a nice suite............that you would love :smilewinkgrin:

F

Fred

Don't own a caravan Fred. :lol:

Couldn't help but notice that they had a nice suite............that you would love :smilewinkgrin:

I need a new suite, well, you know my one..............:mad2::lol:

C

Colour Republic

Bloody hell Kilty.

My Mrs is from there............was up that way a couple of weeks ago.

they have mastered the art of removing car wheels whilst they are still moving.

Craigmillar............now your talking rough as.....

I hope you're not talking about your wife:yikes:

D

diamondtiling

I did a job for a girl on an estate like you mention, she bred staffordshire bull terriers, the house was smelly, the carpets were a bit sticky and there were nicotine stains on the ceilings, I have not taken work for people like her often because I really did not need to...........but.............. she offered me a cup of tea in a reasonably clean cup, she was pleasant and talkative and she opened a drawer with about 3k in cash from puppy dog sales, showing me the money was not needed, I took the job because I know people in the same situation, was there myself some years back, there are good and bad in all walks of life, I have not had a none payer yet but I have had plenty of people with pools and games rooms and 6 bedrooms that try it on, she paid in cash and insisted on a fifty tip, the reason for the tip was because she had had 3 other tilers that had failed to turn up.

:prrr:

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I did a job for a girl on an estate like you mention, she bred staffordshire bull terriers, the house was smelly, the carpets were a bit sticky and there were nicotine stains on the ceilings, I have not taken work for people like her often because I really did not need to...........but.............. she offered me a cup of tea in a reasonably clean cup, she was pleasant and talkative and she opened a drawer with about 3k in cash from puppy dog sales, showing me the money was not needed, I took the job because I know people in the same situation, was there myself some years back, there are good and bad in all walks of life, I have not had a none payer yet but I have had plenty of people with pools and games rooms and 6 bedrooms that try it on, she paid in cash and insisted on a fifty tip, the reason for the tip was because she had had 3 other tilers that had failed to turn up.

I know wot ya saying.........but I don't think I could cope with the smell :yikes:

D

doug boardley

was gonna say summat similar myself:thumbsup:

D

doit4u

I did a job for a girl on an estate like you mention, she bred staffordshire bull terriers, the house was smelly, the carpets were a bit sticky and there were nicotine stains on the ceilings,

Did something similar for a woman who bred boxers, luckily she didn't offer me a cuppa whilst I was there. Between the dogs barking and her shouting at them to shut up all day long I couldn't get away quick enough.

W

White Room

Worked in a barn where the women breeded lapdogs,the yapping was unbelievable. The rats and mice also kept me company:yikes:

Reply to Quotes you don't really want in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks