Search the forum,

Discuss primer stain in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

CUSH68

TF
Reaction score
Labourer splashed toilet base with acrylic primer and its now stained. :mad2:
Any help with regards to removal would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

T

TilingLogistics

If its the Bal one i.e. blue it will come off with some sealing and coating remover and an emuslsifying pad:thumbsup:

Kev

D

DHTiling

Try some white vinegar first before splashing out on sealer removers....The pan should be glazed so it should not have penetrated the surface......

good luck.....

Last edited by a moderator:

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
Best thing to use there is Tcut for scratches on cars, work a treat for removing primer stains of anything without doing any damage:thumbsup:

CUSH68

TF
Reaction score
Funny enough I did try that hot water thing mate, as I didnt want to waste anybodys time asking a stupid question.

Thanks for the reply Darren, much appreciated.Was on the NETT course in January and haven't looked back since.

Cheers,

Mark

T

TilingLogistics

It comes off with warm water :whatchutalkingabout

I could never get it off when it was dry with water:huh2: I always needed a solvent because it is arylic polymers that have set. So the only way I can see that makes sense to me is a solvent or an abrasive(T Cut as already suggested) to break down the polymers!!! I must admit i never thought or tried an Acid as Dave suggested

Kev

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to primer stain in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen