Search the forum,

Discuss Porcelanosa Vs B&Q in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

kevg

I believe Porcelanosa make their own tiles, hence their 'high' prices. I went to them not long ago and chose the Porcelain Polished City tile. £50 sq/m if I remember rightly.

Went to B&Q today.... saw the exact same tile, now B&Q's looked identical to me, felt the same, exact same colour, weight, basically a like for like match. It was £21.35 sq/m.

Do Porcelanosa suppliers supply to B&Q ? Not sure, but I got a bargain from them for what I thought was a quality tile.

W

White Room

I would'nt have thought so, they have a reputation to upkeep, Porcelanosa that is.

K

kevg

Ah ok, there's differences that I cant see. I still would have thought that there would be a slight visual colour difference at the very least ? but nothing from sitting my sample tile right next to it.

Will the B&Q tile be bad quality ? Enough to cancel order ?

S

Scott

No idea Kev but the saying goes you get what you pay for. I havent fitted a bad porcelonsa tile yet and im sure some of the guys n here who lay far more if it than i do will say the same.

However there is always the odd occurence that is wrong. I recently laid some £75 metre porcelain and it was atrocious stuff.

S

Stewart

All the big sheds buy 1000's of metres of end of line, or flawed tiles from all the major manufactures including Porcelanosa then re-box them.

K

kevg

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm slowly beginning to appreciate what you pro's actually have to go through on a daily basis. I take my hat off I really do.

K

kevg

No idea Kev but the saying goes you get what you pay for. I havent fitted a bad porcelonsa tile yet and im sure some of the guys n here who lay far more if it than i do will say the same.

However there is always the odd occurence that is wrong. I recently laid some £75 metre porcelain and it was atrocious stuff.

I would die if I paid £75 psm and it wasnt good. :(

All the big sheds buy 1000's of metres of end of line, or flawed tiles from all the major manufactures including Porcelanosa then re-box them.

That's very interesting. These tiles from B&Q are an order tile too, so the company are due to phone me in the next 3 days to arrange a delivery time. I'll find out who their suppliers are when they call. If its Urbatek then I'm onto a winner but I doubt it.

P

Porcelanosa

Hi all, Just to confirm Porcelanosa do not sell to B&Q or any other shed. We manufacture our tiles and sell through our showrooms and official independent distributors. Many thanks

Reply to Porcelanosa Vs B&Q in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen