Discuss Polished Granite in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

rj1884

Good evening. Firstly I want to apologies if the photos appear upside down. I've tried everything to get them round the right way.

I went to see a job yesterday. Kitchen floor being ripped up and at least 18mm ply being out straight down onto the joists. This will be done by the builders. I of course will be overboarding with hardie. The tiles being laid will be 60x30 absolute black polished granite from topps. My question is I'm also thinking of laying ditra to the hardie and then tile. Is this over cautious or the way to go.

many thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 41
  • image.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 33
C

charlie1

No need for ditra, 18mm ply and then hardie will do the trick. Add some noggins between joists too for all the time it will take

R

rj1884

Thanks for your reply. I've mentioned to the customer about making sure the builders put extra noggins in. Hopefully she will.

R

rj1884

As the plywood is the only substrate would you not need to over board in this scenario. Would you always use ditra for natural stone whether on ply or hardie.

Reply to Polished Granite in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay