Currently reading:
Pictures on website

Discuss Pictures on website in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi,

Recently done a lot of high spec work subcontracting and would love to put the pics on my website. However, the company I worked for asked me not to and said something about a 2 year licence?????

I know the renderer who worked for them last has set up his own swimming pool website and used pics of there jobs and they are apparently taking it further, which is understandable, as it's not his work.

Im not claiming that I build swimming pools or steam rooms from scratch, I simply want potential customers to see pictures of work that I have tiled.

Anyone know if im allowed to put the pics up? legally?

Ta

Paul

C

Colour Republic

Have no idea what this '2 year license' refers to? My guess is that it is something they have made up off the cuff to sound official. However seeing as you are the sub-contractor then it isn't really your job as you are 'just' the installer if you'll forgive me.

At the end of the day it is down to their good will if they allow you to show the pictures on your company website. It is their job and rightly they can show it off as their work, as it is them that designed/commissioned it. They get the praise if it is pulled off and also carry the can if it goes **** up.

I have to say it's a tough one. For the record i've allowed sub-contractors to display images or jobs they've worked on of mine on their websites, yet sometimes they show 'compeleted' images that show 20% of what they did and 80% of the other stuff which makes it look good. The problem comes when my company claims to have done something and suddenly the same images are shown somewhere else. That is a conflict of interest.

If you were to ask me if you could display photos of the before/during/after OF YOUR WORK, i'd have no problem as it is you that did the work, but if you asked me if you could display photos after the whole project was completed with it being decorated and staged then i might have a bit more of a problem.

I could link you to 2 websites of sub-contractors who have worked for me and on both they are displaying jobs which they claim as their own, yet in reality they only completed a tiny part of those jobs. In fact one of them had 80% of his images from my jobs yet used it to luanch his own business from:thumbsdown:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Diamond Pool Finishers

Well as far as i know its down to the actual photo , if you took the pic's then they are your property, if you are piking there pics then you have no right to steal there images, but if you took the pic's on your camera -phone on site then they are your property , if it was a picture of say a human/modal then you would need there permission.....:thumbsup: PM me the company and i will tell you if i know them and if they are dangerous ,i would keep it between me and you.

C

Colour Republic

Well as far as i know its down to the actual photo , if you took the pic's then they are your property,

yes and my company fitted out which part?

Buckingham%2520Palace%2520landing%2520guards.jpg

Nice work Paul did you do the rendering and screeding as well ?.
is that a white tile band at the top of the blue pool ? cant see lol.
the black pool at the end, very cheeky putting that big-box on your work !! .
thanks for posting the pictures ! i love looking at swimming pool tiling :thumbsup:

Thanks Dave...Didn't do the rendering, although I may aswell have. They guy who did it was just appalling knowing that there was a final finish been laid on top of his work... no care or neatness at all....spent most of the time feathering stuff out to put it right... anyway.... that's another story lol. got there in the end!

When u say a white band im assuming u mean the top coping or edge tile that falls down 150mm into the pool skimmers? - or do u mean the wavy effect tile on the wall? lol

Yes Paul just looked at your web -site ( nice site mate ) , see what you mean ,you do need some examples of your pool /work there, and you are in a good area for work, i have done loads of pools in cheshire over the years Alderley edge and around ......

Thanks Dave...Give it a couple of month then ill upload them

I take pics of all my work. Before, During and after.
I explain to the customer its good to keep a good record of work carried out in case of any problems that may arise in the future.
I always ask for permission and give my customer a copy on disk of the pics.
But as far as I'm aware, any pics you take you own all intellectual property rights. It may be different if you were asked before hand not to take pics.

Reply to Pictures on website in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement