Search the forum,

Discuss outside tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

lcjohno

TF
Reaction score
Hi all. I went to look at a job yesterday and its a patio a customer wants tiling. Its 16m2, thing is its pretty uneven, It prob runs out by about half an inch. There are also places where water sits and doesn't run off. I've never done any outside tiling before, is there an slc i can use outside?
Also there is a big drain in the middle of the floor and 2 other small drains on 2 sides. Would i have to level the floor and then make the tiles run towards the drains or do i have to make the slc run towards the drain to stop water sitting on the tiles?
Just wondering which way you guys would tackle this.

D

DHTiling

Mapei Adesilex P4 can be used for levelling outside..and with it being a thickbed adhesive you can build up to make falls etc.

Reply to outside tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen