Search the forum,

Discuss Out of my depth ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

ian158

I've been invited to lay the following tiles which I've not done before, so confidence is a little low, so should I just forget it or treat it as any other tile laying? They will supply all the materials but what's your recommendations,,laying, sealing tiles type of adhesive etc.

Also not sure how to price up, any advice is highly appreciated.
29m2 in 4 rooms.
20m2 Grey slate 600x400 in the kitchen and clockroom
5m2 Honed slate 400x400 in the bathroom
4m2 En suite honed limestone 400x400

I

ian158

Well I'm guessing ground floor screed, walls plasterboard, first floor chipboard, so hardibacker on first floor 6mm, what do you recommend on walls, renew with marmox or aqua panel in wet areas?

I

ian158

Will assess the substrate when there and see what the centres are for the stud walling. With a new build and screed are you saying using ditra allow for movement/shrinkage ?

T

Time's Ran Out

Have a good look on Saturday at the site - don't commit yourself on any pricing till you've costed everything and make notes of what the client is asking for. Are they all floors or is there some wall tiling? Check how long the screed has been down and is it stable, will you need to recommend uncoupling membrane for the stone tiles, has the pattern been discussed by client, what type of sealant/adhesive/grout are they supplying.
Lots of questions and confidence if knowledge, but you need to act confident without bull etc and then look through the forum or ask (via pm if necessary) and their are plenty here to help.

Reply to Out of my depth ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen