Discuss Now here's an offer I can't refuse in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

cr0ft

Customer has just told me they want to tile the bathroom but get me in to do the really difficult cuts around window reveals etc. Sounds very tempting I must say!!

T

Time's Ran Out

Just think of all the recommendations you'll get Croft cutting services!
When I had a showroom in the days before electricity I'd charge a £ a tile to cut if they'd bought them off me ( only used to get the 'L' shaped cuts of 1'' to do!).

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

Customer has just told me they want to tile the bathroom but get me in to do the really difficult cuts around window reveals etc. Sounds very tempting I must say!!
well i would work out how much i would charge them to tile the whole bathroom then charge them same for going there to do the cuts only ..you sell skill not time witch may have taken years to aquirer so charge the right amount for the years of learning not the time it takes you to do the cuts :thumbsup:

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I arrived at a quote a couple of years ago and that was exactly what the customer did. His tiling was pretty good, but his tile layout was pretty bad. 1 inch cuts at the bottom of the window reveal and mm cuts at the top. I had to say 'No thanks'. I think that Ray TT's idea is a good one, but I would give a 'goodwill' discount of £10.

D

DHTiling

Sorry but i would deffo tell them to do one.. :incazzato: .. if tiling was that easy eh

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
wouldn't even bother looking at it , he's going to be a cheap *** customer that wants it done for nowt..

C

cr0ft

Well we have all the plumbing side of things including fitting new shower enclosure, tray and waste run so there's more than the tiling or I would say sod off!

Reply to Now here's an offer I can't refuse in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks