Search the forum,

Discuss North east Newbie in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

richb

Hello all, Im a Newbie on here and to the trade. basically im looking for some help getting into the trade from some experienced pro's. maybe a week of on the job work experience or shadowing an already established tiler? can anybody help?

about me: I served in the armed forces and after leaving i looked around for some training in a trade i would enjoy longterm and chose tiling as i think i have the necessary qualities for it. i attended a Tiling course in the North East which was very informative and enjoyed every minute of it. I do realise that i still have a vast amount to learn, im prepared to do that. im not one of these people that think, 'iv done a couple weeks on a fast track course and now im the dogs....' so im keen to learn from anyone that could offer any help or extra tips for a newbie getting started. thanks guys.

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
welcome to the forum

maybe someone might take u along for a week or two , with out pay see if u have what it takes, good luck in your search

R

richb

yeah, obviously id be willing to tag along unpaid and happy to do the all the less glamorous jobs - lifting, cleaning and sweeping, making the brews etc. the payment would be in the experience gained of being on a real job and seeing the day to day problems that arise would usually arise and how to overcome them. im in North east england but also willing to travel and sort some digs out for myself nearby.

Reply to North east Newbie in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen