Search the forum,

Discuss Non paying customer after accident in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi, I recently carried out work on tiling a fireplace for customer. I took my time and got the job spot on for the customer working with hexagonal tiles.

Unfortunately, somehow I managed to get a little bit of adhesive on customers sofa. I think this was when I was moving customers bed sheets they had left hanging on a door, ironically, I was doing this to avoid making a mess. Obviously I was annoyed with myself when the customer messaged to say and I apologised for my error. On returning to grout and finish the job, they said not to worry about it and took a little responsibility for leaving things around the room. They asked how they would pay when I was leaving.

after sending invoice they replied they are still annoyed about adhesive on couch. I did not add £70 brass tile trim to invoice and offered to take off further money if they wished to get professional cleaner. After offering this… no reply.

Any advice on this would be great???

Reaction score
Did you tell them at the time that you were not charging them £70 for the trim?
This seems fair to me, I'm sure it could be professionally cleaned for that much.

Ask them what they intend to do, and inform them that, although mistakes were made, it was 50/50 anyway, and that you need payment.
Don't be too soft with them!

Reply to Non paying customer after accident in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen