Search the forum,

Discuss New Van Vs Old Van in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums.com.

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'm currently deciding on getting a new Van I have a 55 vauxhall combo it's bin a great little van but it's not big enough but I can't decide do I go the second hand van route or do I go new ... anyone have any ideas where to look for the best price on a new Van and then the choice is do u buy on hire purchase or just get a good old loan from abbey national or similar oooooooohhhh the choices the choices it's so confusing

S

Spud

its a no brainer for me Kyle get a new van , google "loads of vans" they do preregistered vans and have to sell so many per month so offer good deals

S

Stef

I said I would never buy a brand new van but eventually did & now I wouldn't buy second hand.
New van gives you peace of mind & a warranty & also looks good to customers.
1st impressions last & if you have a nice van then tour onto a winner straight away.
Saying that I want a transporter but just too expensive new.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I said I would never buy a brand new van but eventually did & now I wouldn't buy second hand.
New van gives you peace of mind & a warranty & also looks good to customers.
1st impressions last & if you have a nice van then tour onto a winner straight away.
Saying that I want a transporter but just too expensive new.
Or the customer could think you prices must be sky high to afford a new van..;)

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I agree with @Stef and @GaryTheTiler, pre reg or ex demo Nearly new you'll save a bundle on new. I was offered a 5k saving on new list price on a pre reg van. Plus I'm now doing near 60 to the gallon against my old van of 35.. Happy days.

I

Italy

I repeat again. one time. I in italy
new vehicle
€ 19,000 list price. VAT included.
Discount 26%. because member. artisan association. = € 14,000 including vat.
additional discount. - € 1000.
Total € 13,000 including VAT.
- VAT 22% € 10650. (VAT immediate deduction of taxes).
€ 10,650 of expense. for lavoro.50% amortized. in 2 or 5 years. (Less taxes payable)
in total. My van. after 5 years. It costs to me. € 5000.
if I sell van.dopo five years. value is at least € 5,000?
Total. after 5 years. my van have cost € 0.
compry?

L

LM

A lot depends on your personal circumstances, are you vat registered? which means if you buy the van at the right time of the month you put the vat down as a deposit and claim it back more or less right away, which lets you drip the balance over four or five years. dealers offer very competitive rates and at the right time of the year you may even get 0% APR.
If your not vat registered then pre reg or ex hire with a long warranty would be the way to go. you need to make a decision based on your own personal cash position and whether or not you can afford to loose the deposit out of your cash flow.
Leasing companies have it down to a tee, the cost of contract hire is more or less the same as what you loose in deprecation, but on a three year cycle the deposits you have to put down mean that it works out more expensive than buying new, there's a big market out there for people who can't afford the bigger deposit of buying new.
Personally I think the benefits of a new van out way the uncertainty of a second hand van that you don't know what it's been out through. Apart from having a much more professional image, (which if your after the right type of customer they don't mind paying for quality ;)) you also have an expense to claim for in your business.
Imo if you can afford the initial outlay of the deposit, over the course of five years and from what you can claim back, the reliability and new 'good' business that a new van attracts makes it a no brainer and I think in the long run it makes you money.

Reply to New Van Vs Old Van in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen