Discuss New van time. Opinions please in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums.com.

stone tiler

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Evening all

Thanks to some thieving little sod and a lack of police interest I have to replace my missing van in the very near future. I've had a transit T350 mwb for the last 6 years and it worked for me - bought it new so no real problems or costs, just day to day running costs, plenty of room and a big payload.

Looking at what's out there I'm not sure I can justify the £20-22k + vat for another transit of similar spec. I've got a Vivaro sportive from the insurance for a couple of weeks and it's nice but it just ain't a transit! But you can get them 6 months old with all the bells and whistles for £12k + vat. Should I just go cheap and chop it in every 3-4 years? Treat it as a toolbox on wheels?!

So what are you boys driving round in?

J

J Sid

got a year and a half old transit custom limited in November, first transit I've had and can't fault it.

L

LM

Evening all

Thanks to some thieving little sod and a lack of police interest I have to replace my missing van in the very near future. I've had a transit T350 mwb for the last 6 years and it worked for me - bought it new so no real problems or costs, just day to day running costs, plenty of room and a big payload.

Looking at what's out there I'm not sure I can justify the £20-22k + vat for another transit of similar spec. I've got a Vivaro sportive from the insurance for a couple of weeks and it's nice but it just ain't a transit! But you can get them 6 months old with all the bells and whistles for £12k + vat. Should I just go cheap and chop it in every 3-4 years? Treat it as a toolbox on wheels?!

So what are you boys driving round in?
I've 310 125 L2 trend custom, great van. In general a very reliable van that can cut it.If your happy to drive the van for say 9/12 years buy a new one. It's the cheapest way to drive a van over that time scale and one that you'll have looked after and know so it shouldn't give you too much hassle and spare parts are readily available at sensible prices if required.

T

Time's Ran Out

Me I'd just have a motorbike and sidecar to fix little Victorian jobs if they were all local. But on a pension I'd just go for something small like a Nemo!
Depends on whether you need to carry lots of gear around all the time or if it's short hop and empty it daily. See what deals the van sponsor are offering.

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Have been down the road of other vans but nothing is like a transit, I'm not posh enough for a new one, got a 10 plate swb 80k on the clock, and can't fault it, get one with less than 50k on the clock for about 5 grand now and it will do you year's still, I did look at the new transits but was put off by them changing from a cam chain to a cam belt

stone tiler

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Yeah it's a tough call. When I got the transit it was meant to be a keep for 10 years van so I got my money out of it but with the latest transit crime wave in the south east you cant be sure of that! The transit was great apart from pikeys nicking the wing mirrors and then deciding to take the whole van! kinda puts me off getting another transit to be honest
The transit custom wouldn't be big enough for me I don't think. I'm always carrying stuff about for 2 or 3 jobs at time or dropping bits off and they look a bit smaller than the vivaro/traffic etc
Anyone got a vivaro/traffic on here?
Maybe I should change that side of it and stop carrying loads of stuff about so I can go smaller - lwb connect or citan?

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I had a traffic before this transit, was actually a bit glad when someone wrote it off, meant I could be back to a transit

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I've got a lwb vivaro sportive.coming up to 3 year old now.bought it from vans direct (before they become sponsor)paid just over fifteen grand- vat Inc.ply lined and shelved it out myself and can't fault tbh.comfy,goes well and carries a full load with ease.;)

G

GoneGuy

Yeah it's a tough call. When I got the transit it was meant to be a keep for 10 years van so I got my money out of it but with the latest transit crime wave in the south east you cant be sure of that! The transit was great apart from pikeys nicking the wing mirrors and then deciding to take the whole van! kinda puts me off getting another transit to be honest
The transit custom wouldn't be big enough for me I don't think. I'm always carrying stuff about for 2 or 3 jobs at time or dropping bits off and they look a bit smaller than the vivaro/traffic etc
Anyone got a vivaro/traffic on here?
Maybe I should change that side of it and stop carrying loads of stuff about so I can go smaller - lwb connect or citan?
I got 12plate trafic Swb, slamlocks fitted,sat nav, parking sensors and hands free, 170k on the clock and running fine I paid 4K plus vat for it

W

WetSaw

Should be picking up my NV200 this weekend if the roof rack arrives. The delivery vehicle from the local Nissan dealer so guaranteed mileage and history.

J

Just Rizzle

just befor xmas my old transit gave up 176ooo miles on the clock
got a merc vito 111 lwb 6 speed box 2150 cc 2 side sliding doors all racked out, mate of mine has one with 340000 miles on clock and still going strong love it

stone tiler

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Yeah the more I look into it the more I think I'm better off getting a 6 month old lwb Vivaro and saving the 8k I'd need to spend to get a transit/crafter. I had 45mt of tiles in the back of the loan Vivaro yesterday and it was fine and dandy - bit slower but nothing to put you off. It's rare I'll have more than that in the back

J

Just Rizzle

Yeah the more I look into it the more I think I'm better off getting a 6 month old lwb Vivaro and saving the 8k I'd need to spend to get a transit/crafter. I had 45mt of tiles in the back of the loan Vivaro yesterday and it was fine and dandy - bit slower but nothing to put you off. It's rare I'll have more than that in the back
had a reneult traffic same spec as the vivaro biggest heap of rubbish ive ever owned was fine till 3yrs 4mts old then the problems came, injectors, turbo had a engine rebuild at 76k bined it for the transit now have a merc dream driving dont do it youll regret it my plumber has one his has 79 k on clock and starting to get noise from his gear box had a quote about 600 hes thinking vito like mine

kevsalt

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
had the nissan nv200 bout 15months ..good medium sized van i think ..11 plate 55000 on it ..no major issues ..take the bulkhead window out and trims go in nice ..sorted

Reply to New van time. Opinions please in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay