Search the forum,

Discuss new business in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

celtic442

i work in finacial sector dealing with mortgages, but me and a pal are thinking of starting a small tiling business and have booked to be on a 1 week course. Do you think this will be suffcient to show us all we need to know to start off a bussiness, and do you think staring a small tiling business is a good idea...? is there money to be made out there :confused:. I live in glasgow and there dosent seem to be a lot of courses out there the one we found is £400 is that a decent price ...?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
celtic442 said:
i work in finacial sector dealing with mortgages, but me and a pal are thinking of starting a small tiling business and have booked to be on a 1 week course. Do you think this will be suffcient to show us all we need to know to start off a bussiness, and do you think staring a small tiling business is a good idea...?

I think you're doing the right thing and going down the right path for sure, to make a business though you need to study all angles of possible business income and then to cut down on running costs and the likes...., and to improve on this even free consultation is available that's funded by the tax payer.... 'Business Link' and Business Initiative' are two that spring to mind, do a search and get yourself on an evening thing to see what they have to offer you.
celtic442 said:
is there money to be made out there :confused:.
Yes, exactly how much is something asked by many on this forum alone but it seems they all end up earning different amounts, I suppose you are capped off by what you can literally do yourself, if you're not going to go down the contracting route or whatever, but if you get good and get your name about well, you can charge well for your work and make a very good living.
celtic442 said:
I live in glasgow and there dosent seem to be a lot of courses out there the one we found is £400 is that a decent price ...?
Courses are still rare, too many cold be a bad thing for the industry for few reasons so traveling to one can have it's advantages, it certainly means anybody setting up after you will find it just as hard to get a course close to them, which isn't bad at all as it means maybe they don't bother?

Hope this helps, and just shout questions as you think of them, we'll do our best to answer :)

T

tjsmiler

Hi Celtic

1 week deffinatley aint enough, you would be able to do a decent splashback or something, but you just would not have the tiling knowledge to run and build a business.. it may be worth you traveling to a course too and look for one where the training can also be used as part of an NVQ or city & guilds if you chose to take that route at a latter date.

Good luck mate

Toby

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to new business in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.