Search the forum,

Discuss Milage to pick up materials in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

Fred

I know I'm being a scrouge, but I can get Mapei for a silly price but 6 miles away, or Granfix for £8+ per 20kg. Do I travel the extra miles, 1 mile to local shop?

And, why is Mapei multi-colours going up in price so much? The local shop today told me they are paying 40% more than last year!

He was worried at the new multi-B&Q opening another mile away with all the Mapei colours on the shelf. I looked yesterday, white Mapei flex £25.00p, not bad if you get caught out. I get it for £16.00p.

O

Olz

I travel about 6 miles for my stuff, locally I have topps and almurad, plus other expensive independants, Its more cost effective for me to travel.

O

Olz

Annoying thing is right next to where i go there is an almurad, which sell mapei at a good price, but the one on my doorstep only stock some everbuild stuff, which is expensive. I asked him to get the mapei stuff over to my local store but apparently there are almurad stores, then there are almurad franchises, and which ever one the wakefield one is wont stock mapei, but the one at huddersfield next to my supplier does :mad2::mad2:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

david campbell

same here don't have any places within about 6 miles but if something i use a lot of is on offer further away i will travel and buy extra!:thumbsup:

W

White Room

Mapei Adesilex P9 round my way is as rare as rocking horse dung but I think I've found somewhere but it means traveling to wivers county:yikes:

Last edited by a moderator:
O

Olz

They started off as a local independant then grew, dont use them very often but they are one of the bigger ones near to me.

Reply to Milage to pick up materials in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen