Discuss meterage coverage in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

tiler burden

hi,

i am a newbie tiler. i am a plasterer by trade and i wanted to expand into tiling. i am going on a tiling course in newcastle and i was wondering how many meters a decent tiler can cover in a day. i wont be doing site work, just domestic..i am quite versatile and adapt so how long should it take me to get to a decent standard.

just some averages will do please, thanks

tiler burden:eek:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Flooring I've seen tilers lay a good 30 meters in a day, but then come back to grout. Walling about 15-20 if it's your average bathroom, kitchens maybe a little less. That's a little quicker than myself though to be fair, remember it's quality not quantity. :)

I bet the difference is big though between the slowest tiler we can find and the fastest.

T

tiler burden

yeah

i agree. its the same with plastering, if u can do 70 meters , then superboy can do 100m...its the same with day rates...100 per day, the bottom end. 150 a day a realistic ammount, 200 per day if you are set up well and hungry. 300 a one off, everything goes well, late night....

is this the same kinda rates for tiling??? ps im in north west

T

trevortine

Done 38 last sat round a staircase (hallway is 74 in total). Bearing in mind i was laying around the staircase and tiling in four directions with a 3mm tolerance! Spent a lot of time measuring, if just laying in open spaces you could easy lay 40 to 50 per shift once you get your confidence up. Walls, depends on tile size, how good your walls are etc etc. If everthings going your way then 15 to 20 per shift. Its all down to area and cuts, thats what takes the time!

T

tiler burden

thanks trevortine,

you obviously are experienced and know your stuff, thanks for taking the time to answer my thread...

i mentioned the above day rates where plstering is concerned, is tiling similar. i understand its what you get done (meters) that denotes how much you will earn but is 150 a day a realistic ammount when you get going??

cheers

C

Concept PHT

To start with, aim at about £100 per day, and then as you get quicker, you can be earning more. To tile at a comfortable rate with your breaks and lunchtimes etc, then look at £120-£150 per day.

But it all depends on the job. You have to consider cuts and obstacles, which can slow you down quite a lot.

Sometimes its better to offer a d ay rate for a job, than to measure.

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
Depends on the size of tile being used, open floors will give more meterage per day than a bathroom

Reply to meterage coverage in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks