Discuss Membrane penetrations in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Considering using Schluter wall membrane and the Ditra-Heat mat on the floor.

How anal do you need to be around pipes, cables and screws that penetrate through your waterproofing layer.

I will be fitting the shower shown below with cable and pipe penetrations through the wall. I know there is a 22mm collar that can be fitted for the water pipe. Does this allow you to slide the pipe in and out a bit when you go to connect it up. Similarly what about the electrical cable.
And what about screws that must be fitted to secure the riser rail. Do you seal these when fitting.

With a floor standing toilet bowl there are usually screws either side to secure it on the floor. Obviously you'd have no heating cable placed there but do you worry about screws penetrating the mat.

21mm.jpg

Connections.jpg

G

GoneGuy

The @Schlüter-Systems Ltd kerdi pipe seals have a rubber ring so you can move the pipe,.usually the toilet is opposite end of the room from the tray so less chance of water penetration. After drilling the holes fill the hole with some kerdifix then screw down the toilet

Reply to Membrane penetrations in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks