Search the forum,

Discuss London prices in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Evening fellow tilers. I need a kittle help from those if you working in the city.

I'm in the process of preparing to move down closer to the city. Will probably be in/around Kent.
I've had a couple of meetings with construction/building firms and looks like I can get work pretty quickly and a fair amount of it to boot.

I need to know what average and common rates are. I do almost all my work on coverage or fixed price. But with having to travel into London, parking, congestion etc and not knowing what the cost of living will actually be im struggling to come up with figures.

Can anyone help me out here? Once I know what I can earn I can work out where is affordable to live and get things in motion.

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I do quite a bit of work in London at the moment. A lot of it is nights for which I charge extra anyway, if it's days I work out parking and congestion charges and put it in the price. A lot of the time I try and price myself out of jobs as I hate London. (No disrespect to the place or it's people) but I grew up in the country where people are friendly and roads are quiet!!

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
All mine is on price but a mate of mine worked in London for a couple of months not long back and was getting £150 a day plus expenses

Reply to London prices in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen