Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Little scratches all over every tile in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello :)

I was hoping someone could please help. This floor has been laid but has a tonne of scratches all over it.
Is this normal? Am I being too picky?
It’s a tonne of fine scratches all over.
I’ve tried washing each tile with micro fibre cloth but no luck.
The tiles that haven’t been laid yet are not like this. The scratches are every single tile - even in the corners therefore nothing to do with walking/furniture etc
I hope someone can help 😫

Attachments

• CA63B2AC-593E-4C79-9CF8-F9E55A20B824.png
    CA63B2AC-593E-4C79-9CF8-F9E55A20B824.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 33
OP
M
Reaction score
Could be from knee pads to pushing a bucket etc about whilst grouting and washing off. Is it every tile ?
I think it could be 😫 I don’t even know to do/say as its them all. It’s not like they can be taken up. Any advice on making good tile polisher/cleaner anything 😢 please x

2001Steve

Personally I'd say this is normal. Ceramic floor tiles with a smooth polished will have endless scratches and swirls starting the moment you put them down form walking, washing, sweeping etc. Dirt is sharp! The more shine on the tile, the smoother the surface the darker the tile colour the more it show. You can't prevent this.

If you have deep scratches that your nail can catch...something is being dragged across tiles that is heavy. As others have said a tilers kneepad can do this if dirty and sand like grains get lodged in the pads. Tilers generally keep their kneepads clean to prevent this.

Reply to Little scratches all over every tile in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock