Search the forum,

Discuss Life of a Diamond circular blade in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

DIYMARK

TF
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how long to expect a circular Rubi Diamond cutter to last in a wet cutter? I have done about 50 cuts on 60 x 60 porcelain floor tiles and it worked fine at first. But now I find it impossible to get a straight cut. Using the guide is impossible because the tile draws into the guide and jams and I find it tricky to cut it dead straight without. Blade is getting quite hot and just thinking that a new blade may help?

G

Gazzer

Is this a table top cutter ( Wheel in bath of water) ?
Is the wheel buckled?
Is the knife holding the splashguard in line with the wheel ?

beanz

TF
Reaction score
Sounds like a Basic Line cutter. You've probably buckled the spindle, trying to keep the cut on the line. IMHO these cutters don't have the power to deal with porcelain.
As Neale says, the guide can also be a problem... It's practically impossible to get them straight again, once they've moved.

C

Concrete guy

If it's the blade that came with the machine, chances are it's a general purpose tile blade more suited to ceramics etc.

This will struggle in a porcelain as it will likely glaze over after a period of use.

Porcelain tiles need a blades designed specifically to cut them.

Does the Rubi blade have a code number on it?

Reply to Life of a Diamond circular blade in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen