Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Laser Level in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi all
Looking at the bosch gtl 3 level, mainly for floor use, anyone got one, are they any good, looking for one that has a better laser than my current which is the £100 stanley virtual and horizontal lines.

Are have any suggestions of similar price point alternative. It's @toolstation for £160.

O

Old Mod

image.jpeg

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I've got the GTL3 and wouldn't be without it now. It can be a bit awkward to see the line if the sun is shining into the room but as we don't get much sun it's not too much f a problem!!

Diggy

TF
Reaction score
Hi all
Looking at the bosch gtl 3 level, mainly for floor use, anyone got one, are they any good, looking for one that has a better laser than my current which is the £100 stanley virtual and horizontal lines.

Are have any suggestions of similar price point alternative. It's @toolstation for £160.

You know the GTL 3 is only a laser square and not a level?

Anyways , I got a GTL 3 , wouldnt be without it on site flooring now. As for seeing the line , I dont get any probs. As I work away from the laser I can see the line on my trowel as I scrape the muck away while moving along. I've recently laid a couple of 40m² plank floors using the above method to put in an initial 8LM run and had no probs working away from that first row at all.
I do always put a pencil line on the wall at the opposite end of the room to the laser for reference in case the laser got nudged for some reason.
A tip for seeing the line: I have the little red target to put on the floor over a pencil mark , however , a grout float placed over the pencil line shows it up miles better ( white rubber faced).

Diggy

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, nice pic 3fall. Very eh square. Lol.
I agree diggy, but I new what I meant. Lol.
Will have to save a bit more to a level for the floor, but will have one of these in the near future.
But not from toolstation, (thanks 3fall) just happened to see in theircatalogue
Cheers
D

Reply to Laser Level in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks