Search the forum,

Discuss laser level prices and makes in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
hi all,want some advice on prices for my 1st laser level,,nothing too wildly expensive but not wantin crap either,,sorta middle of the road gear as im just startin out and funds are short ..any info on makes etc wd be ace:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:as i dont know anythin about them

G

grumpygrouter

hi all,want some advice on prices for my 1st laser level,,nothing too wildly expensive but not wantin crap either,,sorta middle of the road gear as im just startin out and funds are short ..any info on makes etc wd be ace:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:as i dont know anythin about them
If you are short of cash, buy one when you really need one. I don't possess one yet and I have managed. Would have been handy a couple of times perhaps.

Don't buy cheap with lasers, there is potential to have errors with the tolerances.

T

theyomper

I use a Stanley CL90 which comes with a staff, I also have a small tripod that I can attach it to. It's self levelling with various lazer options. I find it invaluable and time saving for lining up. I paid £120 for it brand new, a lucky hit on a well known auction site, my mate recently investigated and came back with the cheapest at £240. As Grumpy Grouter said when you really need one buy one, but personally I find them useful.

B

bal

I use a PLS nice compact tool £120 , you should manage with out i did for 3 yrs but they do make life easer . Think that chap who has his pictures on this site could have done with one !

G

grumpygrouter

so the one for £30 quid on tradetiler will be useless, if it is why do they make them surely they must be good for a year or so ?
Tradetiler sells more than one laser level. If you check out the specs of both versions you will see that one is much more accurate than the other. If you feel you are happy relying on something that potentially can run a line along a 10m wall and be 5mm out of true either way then that is your decision. The item is there as a functioning tool and will do a job within its specified tolerances. Some tasks do not require spot on accuracy and this item would be ideal for that scenario.

If it was me, I would be buying the more expensive item with the tighter specified tolarances.

Reply to laser level prices and makes in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen